Kinesiology - Faculty Position
Université de Montréal
Université de Montréal has more than 10,000 employees and is one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.
UdeM has Canada's 2nd largest student body and ranks among the top five Canadian universities in research, receiving more than half a billion dollars in research funding every year.
Through the achievements of the members of its community, UdeM participates in building today’s and tomorrow’s world.
Assistant, Associate or Full Professor of Kinesiology
School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences, Faculty of Medicine
The School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences at the Université de Montréal, a recognized leader in the field, is continuing its recruitment campaign. We invite applications for a tenure-track associate or full Professor to join the dynamic multidisciplinary team in the School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences within our research stream on the study of physical activity in mothers and children. For further information regarding our School and to discover its vibrant departmental life, please visit our web site (https://eksap.umontreal.ca/recherche/).
As a professor, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the excellence of the School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop collaborations within the School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences, as well as with researchers from other Departments and Schools within the Faculty of Medicine and its affiliated hospitals and research centers. As a professor in the School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences of the Faculty of Medicine, the successful candidate will be expected to:
- Pursue a successful research program and have a strong publication record in the study of physical activity in mothers and children. The research program of the successful applicant is expected to complement the work of other professors within the School;
- Have a translational research profile, which will facilitate the integration of the professor within our physical activity in mothers and children axis which spans from fundamental research in animal models to physical activity promotion;
- Teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate levels, supervise Ph.D. and Master’s students;
- Contribute to the School’s activities and academic visibility.
To succeed in this role, you will need :
- A Ph.D. in kinesiology, exercise science, or a related field, and have significant career experience in the area of interest;
- Demonstrate your achievements in the field of kinesiology, exercise science, or a related field;
- Demonstrate research productivity through an excellent record of publications including articles in the top journals in the field, and a strong history of research funding (nationally and internationally);
- A strong track record of knowledge translation (patents, peer-reviewed publications, conference presentations, guidelines, etc.);
- Evidence of teaching excellence (undergraduate and graduate level) and development of courses in line with research expertise;
- Have experience in mentoring postdoctoral fellows, research associates, and other highly qualified personnel;
- Have made substantive contributions through service to their University;
- Adequate knowledge of the written and spoken French language or a strong commitment to mastering the proficiency level required, in accordance with Université de Montréal’s Language Policy. An institutional learning support program is offered to all professors wishing to learn French or improve their communication skills.
How to submit your application
We invite you to submit 1) a letter outlining your interests and career goals as well as any factors which may have affected your career development, 2) any document which may highlight the quality of your teaching at the university level, 3) your resume, 4) a copy of your diplomas, 5) a copy of three (3) key peer-reviewed publications and 6) three (3) names of professors that may be contacted as references to:
Mme Marie-Line Larouche, TCTB
School of Kinesiology and Physical Activity Sciences, UdeM
C.P. 6128, succursale Centre-Ville, Montréal (Qc) H3C 3J7
Courriel : firstname.lastname@example.org
Site Web: https://eksap.umontreal.ca/
Additional information about the position
Reference number : MED 02-21/11
Application deadline : Until April 7th inclusively
Salary : Université de Montréal offers competitive salaries and a full range of benefits
Starting date : As of July, 2021
Université de Montréal is strongly committed to fostering diversity and inclusion. Through its Equal Access Employment Program, UdeM invites applications from women, Aboriginal people, visible and ethnic minorities, as well as persons with disabilities. We will – confidentially – adapt our recruitment mechanisms to the specific needs of people with disabilities who request it. We also welcome applications from candidates of all orientations and sexual identities. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply; however, in accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, priority will be given to Canadians and permanent residents.
Université de Montréal’s application process allows all members of the Professor’s Assembly to review the application files submitted. If you wish to keep your application confidential until the shortlist is established, please mention it in your application.